Top Network Engineer Interview Questions
We have compiled all the frequently asked network technician interview questions that are going to help you in preparing yourself for your upcoming interview. You do not need to go anywhere else for your preparation if you have successfully read and practiced these questions which are listed in this article.
Interview Questions For Senior Network Engineer
- What is the importance of implementing a Fault Tolerance System?
- Implementing a fault tolerance system is the feature that helps the system to continue working with its operations even though there is some failure on any part of the system.
- Fault Tolerance systems are created to provide opportunity even when there is the forecasting of service disruptions whether intended or unintended.
- It provides security in terms of protecting the system from hacking and malicious intrusions.
- It supports multitasking.
2. What are the functions of a network administrator?
A network administrator has multiple responsibilities however, these can be compiled into the three main functions:
- Installation of a network
- Configuration of the network settings
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of the networks
3. How can you identify the IP class of a given IP address?
The IP class of a given IP address can be identified by simply looking at the first octet of the given IP address.
Three IP classes can be identified by:
- Class A: If the first octet begins with a 0 bit
- Class B: if it begins with 10 bits
- Class C: if it begins with 110
4. What are the layers of the OSI reference model?
There are 7 layers of the OSI reference model:
- Physical Layer
- Data Link Layer
- Network Layer
- Transport Layer
- Session Layer
- Presentation Layer
- Application Layer
5. What are routers?
Routers are used to connect multiple network segments. They are known as intelligent network devices which store the information in their routing tables; such as hops, paths, and bottlenecks. With the help of this information, they can easily figure out the best path for transferring the data. Routers operate at the third layer of the OSI model which is the Network Layer.
The key to success is Practice. So practice these questions again and again to ace the interview. We hope you will find this filtered list of network engineering questions helpful. Good luck!